A press release describes the game:
Sesame Street: Elmo's A-to-Zoo Adventure is a Sesame Street video game released on October 19, 2010 from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for the Wii, the Nintendo DS, and Windows.
The Wii version will come packaged with an Elmo "gameplay helper", a soft plush cover for the Wiimote that hides unnecessary buttons from the preschool player's busy fingers. The DS version comes with a special stylus.
In Sesame Street: Elmo's A-to-Zoo Adventure, kids head to the zoo with Elmo, Zoe and their animal friends, as they explore games based on a variety of literacy skills, including letter identification, letter sounds and word families. Kids can also explore exciting zoo habitats including the Aquarium, Savanna, Jungle, Wetlands and the Arctic.
There are 17 minigames in the Wii and PC and 16 minigames in the Nintendo DS version and 14 minigames in all the versions.
- "Vine Rhymes" (Nintendo DS version) - rhyming
- "Parrot Talk" - letter identification
- "Caterpillar Letters" - letter matching
- "Zoe's Jungle Spell" - letter identification
- "Bullfrog Choir" - letter identification
- "Wings of Shape" - shape identification
- "Marsh Snaps" (Wii/PC versions) -alliteration
- "This is Nuts" - letter identification
- "Ocean Letters" - letter identification
- "Elmo's Dolphin Jump" - letter sounds
- "Letter Treasure" - letter sounds
- "Sea Turtle Parade" - word families
- "Ice Rhymes" (Wii/PC versions) - rhyming
- "Cub Catch" - word families
- "Seal Toys" - color identification
- "Elephant Scoop" - letter matching
- "Zebra Stroll" - rhyming
- "Photo Funnies" (Wii/PC versions) - letter sounds
- "Kangaroo Bop" (Nintendo DS version) - letter sound
- The logos in the Beginning, the title card, select a profile, and the main menu, and the game section (only in the DS Version) plays the instrumental version of the Sesame Street Theme Song from 2009-2015.
- On the Wii Version of "Ice Rhymes", when the Guinea Pig splashes with her Ice block into the river, it's out of sync.