Sir Topham Hatt, is the manager of the North Western Railway and a father figure to his engines.
- 1 The Fat Controllers
- 2 Sir Topham Hatt in Thomas & Friends
- 3 Personality
- 4 Attire
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Voice Actors
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Merchandise
The Fat Controllers
So far, there have been three controllers in charge of the North Western Railway.
Sir Topham Hatt I (1880-1956)
Topham Hatt was apprenticed at the Great Western Railway's Swindon Works in 1894 at the age of fourteen. During his time there, he seems to have struck up a friendship with William A. Stanier, a fellow apprentice. The story current at Crovan's Gate Works is that on at least one occasion, perhaps more, the future Sir Topham was able to help the future, Sir William, to escape the consequences of what might have been a serious scrape. Due to his training at Swindon, he always admired things Great Western.
He came to Sodor in 1901 and joined A. W. Dry & Co., a firm of drainage engineers, at Tidmouth. On their recommendation, he became an engineer to the Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge Light Railway in 1910, the Tidmouth, Wellsworth & Suddery in 1912 and the North Western Railway upon its formation in 1914. On the North Western Railway, he rose to be General Manager in 1923, Managing Director in 1936 and upon Nationalisation in 1948, he was created a baronet on his appointment as Chairman of the Regional Executive.
For A.W. Dry & Co., he built a series of four vertical boiler engines known as Coffee Pots between 1905 and 1908, which were used by the TK&ER. After an Autumn gale in 1908, he directed unemployed miners in cutting a tunnel through the ridge south of Tidmouth. In 1915, for the NWR, he designed a double-tracked Scherzer Rolling Lift Bridge of 120 ft span to cross the Walney Channel. Sometime after this, he was appointed a director of the Company.
When the Railway was suffering from a locomotive crisis in the early 1920s, he was responsible for acquiring new engines. During this time, he made one of his rare bad bargains when he purchased Henry instead of the Robinson Atlantic he wanted. He remembered the mistake with sorrow for the rest of his days and was so angry at having been “done” that he would never admit who it was who had swindled him. No-one was better pleased than Topham Hatt when the Killdane accident occurred in 1935. Using his connections with William Stanier, now CME of the LMS, he was able to have Henry completely rebuilt at Crewe Works.
In 1953, when The Queen visited Sodor in Coronation year he had the honour of welcoming her to Tidmouth, having been previously presented to Her Majesty by Viscount Harwick, the Governor, who was also his son-in-law.
He retired in 1954 in favour of his son Charles, whom the Board had no hesitation in electing as his successor. It is no exaggeration to say that the present prosperity of the Railway is almost entirely due to his initiative and resource.
He married Jane, sister of Sir Handel Brown in 1910 and they had two children, Barbara Jane (born 1911), who married Henry Regaby in 1938 and Charles Topham. He died at Wellsworth in 1956 at the age of 76.
In The Three Railway Engines and Thomas the Tank Engine, he was nicknamed "The Fat Director" before his nickname changed to "The Fat Controller" in James the Red Engine.
Sir Charles Topham Hatt II (1914-1997)
Sir Charles Topham Hatt was the second Fat Controller from 1954 to 1984, when he retired in favour of his own son.
Charles Topham Hatt was educated at Abbey School, Cronk and from there went to Crewe Works as an engineering pupil under Mr. William Stanier in 1932. He was present during Henry's rebuilding in 1935. In 1937, he was recommended for railway service overseas by Mr. Stanier, but he returned in 1939 to enlist in the Royal Engineers, serving with them throughout the Second World War. He was demobilised in 1945 with the rank of Colonel.
He spent a further period overseas, before returning to Sodor in 1952 to become Chief Mechanical Engineer at Crovan's Gate Works and general assistant to his ageing father. Following his father's retirement in 1954, the Board had no hesitation in electing him as Controller.
During his period of office, he began improvements to the harbour at Knapford, planned by his father and reopened the Arlesburgh branchin 1965/6, being responsible for the construction of the Arlesdale Railway and for establishing the ballast consortium which uses it.
His cousin, Sir Handel Lloyd Brown II, was born in 1924. He married Amanda Croarie in 1940 and they had two children, Stephen Topham, born in 1941 and Bridget, born in 1943. Charles inherited his father's baronetcy in 1956.
Sir Stephen Topham Hatt III (1941-)
Sir Stephen Topham Hatt (who first appeared in Toby the Tram Engine while on a family holiday in East Anglia with his sister and grandparents) became the third Fat Controller in 1984, succeeding to his father's baronetcy in 1997. In 1970, he married Helen Margaret, a distant cousin and granddaughter of the Reverend Nicholas Dreswick, the much-respected historian of Sodor. They had three children: Richard Topham (1972-), Charles Nicholas (1974-) and Emily Helen (1977-).
With great skill, he masterminded the arrangements for the royal visit in 1995, when he welcomed the Prince of Wales on his first visit to Sodor.
Richard Topham is no doubt destined to be Sir Topham Hatt IV, but when is yet to be known. In Sodor: Reading Between the Lines, it was last heard that his father was 64 in 2005 and had not given any hint of a retirement. As of 2020, it is unknown if he is still acting as the controller.
Sir Topham Hatt I (1880-1956)
Sir Charles Topham Hatt II (1914-1997)
Sir Stephen Topham Hatt III (1941-)
Sir Topham Hatt in Thomas & Friends
In Thomas & Friends, there is only one Sir Topham Hatt. He can be described as a combination of the three controllers from the Railway Series. His full name has been given as Sir Bertram Topham Hatt.
In his youth, he was a Boy Scout. Prior to him becoming Controller of the North Western Railway, Sir Topham Hattowned a Sentinel steam lorry named Elizabeth, who notes that he was not the best driver. When he was a young man, Edward always took him aboard an old coach on his birthday. He also built the Coffee Pots some time prior to Thomas arriving on Sodor. Sir Topham later received his knighthood for his services to the railway industry. He was also the controller of the Skarloey Railway, until Mr. Percival was hired to help him manage the ever-increasing size of his railway industry. Prior to Blue Mountain Mystery, he bought a track inspection car named Winston, who is often used as a private transportation vehicle on the railway.
Sir Topham Hatt married Lady Hatt and is the grandfather of Stephen and Bridget Hatt. He has a twin brother, Sir Lowham Hatt and his mother is Dowager Hatt. According to the Official Website, "we have yet to meet his children".
As well as owning the railway, he owns a cat and a blue car and lives in a mansion somewhere on the outskirts of Wellsworth.
Sir Topham Hatt is firm but funny and fair. He can be strict, but with a good reason and he deeply cares about the engines and also shows a fatherly side to them. He is quite a strong character and will remind the engines that he is in charge if they start to rebel against his authority. He does not stand bullying and even though he is usually serious, he does enjoy a good jolly laugh.
Despite his kindness and fairness, however, there are times where Sir Topham Hatt berates the engines for situations beyond their control. Like any son, he does hold a slight bit of respect for his mother, Dowager Hatt. But like all parental relationships, there are some things he finds more personal than others.
At times, Sir Topham Hatt can be the comic relief character, having high levels of irony and occasional slapstick. He can also be overhasty and forgetful at times and misplace priorities.
Sir Topham Hatt is a short, chubby gentleman. He usually wears morning dress, consisting of grey trousers, a white shirt, a black tie, a cream, yellow, blue, purple or grey waistcoat, a black tailcoat and a black top hat. He is most often depicted as having thinning grey, black or brown hair and brown eyes.
- The Three Railway Engines - The Sad Story of Henry and Edward, Gordon and Henry
- Thomas the Tank Engine - Thomas' Train, Thomas and the Trucks and Thomas and the Breakdown Train
- James the Red Engine - James and the Top-Hat, James and the Bootlace, Troublesome Trucks and James and the Express
- Tank Engine Thomas Again - Thomas and the Guard (mentioned), Thomas Goes Fishing and Thomas and Bertie (mentioned)
- Troublesome Engines - Henry and the Elephant (does not speak), Tenders and Turntables (mentioned), Trouble in the Shed and Percy Runs Away
- Henry the Green Engine - Coal, The Flying Kipper, Gordon's Whistle, Percy and the Trousers and Henry's Sneeze (mentioned)
- Toby the Tram Engine - Toby and the Stout Gentleman, Thomas in Trouble, Dirty Objects and Mrs. Kyndley's Christmas
- Gordon the Big Engine - Off the Rails, Leaves, Down the Mine and Paint Pots and Queens
- Edward the Blue Engine - Old Iron
- Four Little Engines - Skarloey Remembers (mentioned)
- Percy the Small Engine - Percy and the Signal (mentioned), Duck Takes Charge and Percy's Promise
- The Eight Famous Engines - Percy Takes the Plunge, Gordon Goes Foreign, Double Header (mentioned)and The Fat Controller's Engines
- Duck and the Diesel Engine - Pop Goes the Diesel, Dirty Work and A Close Shave
- The Twin Engines - Hullo Twins!, The Missing Coach, Break Van and The Deputation
- Branch Line Engines - Thomas Comes to Breakfast, Daisy and Percy's Predicament
- Gallant Old Engine - Gallant Old Engine (mentioned)
- Stepney the "Bluebell" Engine - Bowled Out
- Very Old Engines - Crosspatch (mentioned)
- Main Line Engines - Buzz, Buzz (mentioned), Wrong Road and Edward's Exploit (does not speak)
- Small Railway Engines - Ballast (does not speak)
- Enterprising Engines - Tenders for Henry, Super Rescue (not seen), Escape (mentioned) and Little Western
- Oliver the Western Engine - Donald's Duck (not seen), Resource and Sagacity, Toad Stands By and Bulgy (mentioned)
- Tramway Engines - Woolly Bear (mentioned) and Toby's Tightrope
- Really Useful Engines - Stop Thief!, Mind that Bike (mentioned), Fish and Triple-Header
- James and the Diesel Engines - Old Stuck-Up (not seen) and Crossed Lines (does not speak)
- More About Thomas the Tank Engine - Thomas, Percy and the Coal (mentioned), The Runaway and Better Late Than Never (mentioned)
- Gordon the High-Speed Engine - High-Speed Gordon (mentioned), Smokescreen (does not speak), Fire Escape and Gordon Proves His Point
- Toby, Trucks and Trouble - Mavis and the Lorry, Toby's Seaside Holiday (mentioned), Bulstrode (mentioned)and Toby Takes the Road
- Thomas and the Twins - Scrambled Eggs and Trevor Helps Out
- Thomas and the Great Railway Show - Museum-Piece, Not the Ticket (mentioned), Trouble on the Line(mentioned) and Thomas and the Railtour
- Thomas Comes Home - Snow Problem (mentioned), Washout! (does not speak) and Thomas Comes Home
- Henry and the Express - Out of Puff (mentioned), Overhaul, Sliding Scales (mentioned) and Henry Sees Red
- Wilbert the Forest Engine - Percy's Porridge and Wired-Up
- Thomas and the Fat Controller's Engines - Birdstrike, Edward and the Cabbages, Rabbits (not seen) and Golden Jubilee
- Thomas and Victoria - Overloaded (mentioned), Avalanche (mentioned) and Toby's Vintage Train
- Thomas and his Friends - Thomas and the Swan, Buffer Bashing, Gordon's Fire Service (does not speak)and Centenary
- 1970 - Twelve Happy Engines (does not speak)
- 1976 - Famous Engines
- 1980 - Annual
- 1983 - The Flying Kipper and Henry the Green Engine
- 1984 - Thomas's Christmas Party and James the Red Engine and the Troublesome Trucks
- 1986 - Thomas the Tank Engine Goes Fishing, Percy the Small Engine Takes the Plunge, Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree and Thomas the Tank Engine: The Complete Collection
- 1987 - Thomas and the Evil Diesel and The Island of Sodor: Its People, History and Railways
- 1992 - Thomas and the Hurricane
- 1994 - James the Red Engine and the Signal
- 1995 - Percy the Small Engine and the Scarf, Thomas the Tank Engine Catches a Thief and Thomas the Tank Engine and the Scrambled Eggs
- 2005 - Sodor: Reading Between the Lines (mentioned)
- 2007 - Thomas the Tank Engine: The New Collection
- Series 1 - Thomas and Gordon (cameo), The Sad Story of Henry, Edward, Gordon and Henry, Thomas' Train, Thomas and the Trucks, Thomas and the Breakdown Train, James and the Coaches, Troublesome Trucks, James and the Express, Thomas and the Guard (mentioned), Thomas Goes Fishing, Thomas, Terence and the Snow (deleted scene), Thomas and Bertie (mentioned), Tenders and Turntables (does not speak), Trouble in the Shed, Percy Runs Away, Coal, The Flying Kipper, Whistles and Sneezes, Toby and the Stout Gentleman, Thomas in Trouble, Dirty Objects, Off the Rails, Down the Mine and Thomas' Christmas Party
- Series 2 - Thomas, Percy and the Coal (does not speak), Saved from Scrap (mentioned), Old Iron, Thomas and Trevor (mentioned), Percy and the Signal (does not speak), Duck Takes Charge, Percy and Harold(mentioned), The Runaway, Percy Takes the Plunge, Gordon Goes Foreign (episode cancelled), Pop Goes the Diesel, Dirty Work, A Close Shave, Better Late Than Never (mentioned), The Missing Coach (cancelled episode), Break Van, The Deputation, Thomas Comes to Breakfast, Daisy, Percy's Predicament, Wrong Road (does not speak), Edward's Exploit (does not speak), Woolly Bear (mentioned) and Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree
- Series 3 - A Scarf for Percy, Percy's Promise, Time for Trouble, Gordon and the Famous Visitor (cameo), Donald's Duck, Thomas Gets Bumped, Thomas, Percy and the Dragon, Diesel Does it Again, Henry's Forest, The Trouble with Mud, No Joke for James, Thomas, Percy and the Post Train, Mavis (mentioned), Toby's Tightrope, Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party (does not speak), One Good Turn, Tender Engines, Escape, Oliver Owns Up, Heroes, Percy, James and the Fruitful Day and Thomas and Percy's Christmas Adventure (does not speak)
- Series 4 - Sleeping Beauty (does not speak), Four Little Engines (does not speak), A Bad Day for Sir Handel, Peter Sam and the Refreshment Lady (does not speak), Trucks, Home at Last, Special Funnel, Passengers and Polish, Thomas and Stepney (mentioned), Bowled Out, Henry and the Elephant, Toad Stands By, Thomas and the Special Letter, Paint Pots and Queens, Fish, Special Attraction and Mind that Bike(mentioned)
- Series 5 - Cranky Bugs, Horrid Lorry (cameo), A Better View for Gordon, Lady Hatt's Birthday Party, James and the Trouble with Trees, Gordon and the Gremlin, Bye George!, Baa!, Put Upon Percy, Toby and the Flood, Haunted Henry, Double Teething Troubles, Stepney Gets Lost, Toby's Discovery, Something in the Air, Thomas, Percy and Old Slow Coach, Thomas and the Rumours, Oliver's Find, Happy Ever After, Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday, A Surprise for Percy, Make Someone Happy, Duncan Gets Spooked and Rusty and the Boulder
- Series 6 - Salty's Secret, Harvey to the Rescue, No Sleep for Cranky, A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter, Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry, The Fogman, Jack Jumps in (mentioned), It's Only Snow, Twin Trouble, The World's Strongest Engine, Scaredy Engines, Percy and the Haunted Mine, Middle Engine, James and the Red Balloon, Jack Frost, Gordon Takes a Tumble, Percy's Chocolate Crunch, Buffer Bother, Toby Had a Little Lamb, Thomas, Percy and the Squeak, Thomas the Jet Engine, Edward the Very Useful Engine, Dunkin Duncan and Rusty Saves the Day
- Series 7 - Emily's New Coaches, Percy Gets it Right, Bill, Ben and Fergus (mentioned), The Old Bridge, Edward's Brass Band, What's the Matter with Henry?, James and the Queen of Sodor, The Refreshment Lady's Tea Shop, The Spotless Record, Toby's Windmill, Bad Day at Castle Loch, Rheneas and the Roller Coaster, Salty's Stormy Tale, Snow Engine, Something Fishy, The Runaway Elephant, Peace and Quiet, Fergus Breaks the Rules, Bulgy Rides Again, Harold and the Flying Horse, The Grand Opening, Best Dressed Engine (mentioned), Gordon and Spencer, Not So Hasty Puddings, Trusty Rusty and Three Cheers for Thomas
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company - A Visit from Thomas, On Site with Thomas (mentioned), Percy's Scary Tale (mentioned), A Tale for Thomas, Thomas and the Moles (mentioned), Percy Helps Out and Mud, Glorious Mud
- Series 8 - Thomas and the Tuba, Percy's New Whistle, Thomas to the Rescue, Henry and the Wishing Tree, James Gets a New Coat, Thomas Saves the Day, Percy's Big Mistake, Thomas, Emily and the Snowplough, Emily's New Route, Thomas and the Firework Display, Gordon Takes Charge, Spic and Span, Edward the Great, Squeak, Rattle and Roll, Thomas and the Circus, Thomas Gets it Right, As Good as Gordon, Fish, Emily's Adventure, Halloween, You Can Do it, Toby!, Chickens to School, Too Hot for Thomas, James Goes Too Far and Percy and the Magic Carpet
- Series 9 - Percy and the Oil Painting, Thomas and the Rainbow, Thomas' Milkshake Muddle, Molly's Special Special (does not speak), Respect for Gordon (mentioned), Thomas and the Birthday Picnic, Tuneful Toots, Thomas and the Toy Shop, Thomas and the New Engine, Toby Feels Left Out, Thomas Tries His Best, Thomas and the Statue, Henry and the Flagpole, Emily Knows Best, Thomas' Day Off, Thomas' New Trucks, Duncan and the Old Mine (mentioned), Bold and Brave, Saving Edward, Thomas and the Golden Eagle, Keeping Up with James and Flour Power
- Series 10 - Follow that Flour (does not speak), Thomas and the Jet Plane, Percy and the Funfair, The Green Controller, Thomas' Tricky Tree (does not speak), Toby's Afternoon Off, It's Good to be Gordon, Seeing the Sights, Toby's New Shed, Edward Strikes Out (mentioned), Topped Off Thomas, Which Way Now?, Thomas and the Shooting Star, Big Strong Henry, Sticky Toffee Thomas, Thomas' Frosty Friend, Emily and the Special Coaches, Thomas and the Colours, Thomas and the Treasure, James the Second Best and Thomas and Skarloey's Big Day Out
- Series 11 - Thomas and the Storyteller, Emily's Rubbish (mentioned), Dream On, Dirty Work, Hector the Horrid!, Gordon and the Engineer, Thomas and the Spaceship, Henry's Lucky Day, Thomas and the Lighthouse, Smoke and Mirrors, Thomas Sets Sail, Don't be Silly, Billy, Edward and the Mail, Hide and Peep (mentioned), Toby's Triumph, Thomas and the Runaway Car (does not speak), Thomas in Trouble, Thomas and the Stinky Cheese, Percy and the Left Luggage and Sir Handel in Charge (mentioned)
- Series 12 - Thomas and the Billboard, Steady Eddie, Rosie's Funfair Special, Henry Gets it Wrong, Heave Ho Thomas!, Toby's Special Surprise, Excellent Emily, Saved You!, Tram Trouble, Gordon Takes a Shortcut, The Man in the Hills (mentioned), Thomas Puts the Brakes On, Percy and the Bandstand and Best Friends
- Series 13 - Creaky Cranky, The Lion of Sodor, Tickled Pink, Double Trouble, Slippy Sodor, The Early Bird, Play Time, Time For a Story, Percy's Parcel, Toby's New Whistle, A Blooming Mess, Thomas and the Runaway Kite, Steamy Sodor, Splish Splash Splosh, The Biggest Present of All, Snow Tracks, Henry's Good Deeds, Buzzy Bees (mentioned) and Hiro Helps Out
- Series 14 - Thomas' Tall Friend, James in the Dark, Pingy Pongy Pick Up, Charlie and Eddie, Toby and the Whistling Woods, Henry's Health and Safety, Diesel's Special Delivery, Pop Goes Thomas, Victor Says Yes, Thomas in Charge, Being Percy, Thomas' Crazy Day, Merry Winter Wish, Thomas and the Snowman Party, Jumping Jobi Wood!, Thomas and Scruff (mentioned), O the Indignity, Jitters and Japes, Merry Misty Island and Henry's Magic Box
- Series 15 - Gordon and Ferdinand, Toby and Bash, Emily and Dash, Edward the Hero, James to the Rescue, Up, Up and Away!, Henry's Happy Coal, Let it Snow, Spencer the Grand, Stop That Bus!, Stuck on You, Wonky Whistle, Percy the Snowman, Tree Trouble and Fiery Flynn
- Series 16 - Race to the Rescue, Express Coming Through, Percy and the Monster of Brendam (cameo), Ho Ho Snowman (mentioned), Flash Bang Wallop!, Thomas and the Rubbish Train, Percy and the Calliope, Thomas and the Sounds of Sodor, Salty's Surprise, Sodor Surprise Day, Emily's Winter Party Special, Muddy Matters, Whiff's Wish, Welcome Stafford!, Don't Bother Victor! (mentioned) and Happy Birthday Sir!
- Series 17 - Kevin's Cranky Friend, Scruff's Makeover, Wayward Winston, Gordon Runs Dry (mentioned), Calm Down Caitlin, Steamie Stafford, Henry's Hero, Not Now, Charlie!, The Lost Puff, The Thomas Way, The Phantom Express, Percy's Lucky Day, Bill or Ben?, Too Many Fire Engines, No Snow for Thomas, Santa's Little Engine, The Missing Christmas Decorations (does not speak), The Frozen Turntable, Away From the Sea, Gone Fishing, The Afternoon Tea Express, The Smelly Kipper, No More Mr. Nice Engineand Thomas' Shortcut
- Series 18 - Old Reliable Edward (mentioned), Signals Crossed, Toad's Adventure, Duck in the Water, Duck and the Slip Coaches, Thomas the Quarry Engine, Thomas and the Emergency Cable, Spencer's VIP, Long Lost Friend, Last Train for Christmas, Duncan the Humbug (mentioned), The Perfect Gift (does not speak), Emily Saves the World, Timothy and the Rainbow Truck, Marion and the Dinosaurs (mentioned), Samson at Your Service, Samson Sent for Scrap and Millie and the Volcano
- Series 19 - Who's Geoffrey?, The Truth About Toby, Lost Property, Henry Spots Trouble, A Cranky Christmas, Snow Place Like Home, The Beast of Sodor, Toad and the Whale, Very Important Sheep, Salty All at Sea, Den and Dart, Helping Hiro, Slow Stephen, Two Wheels Good, Reds vs. Blues, The Little Engine Who Raced Ahead, Philip to the Rescue, Diesel's Ghostly Christmas, Thomas the Babysitter, The Other Side of the Mountain, No Help at All, Goodbye Fat Controller and Wild Water Rescue
- Series 20 - Sidney Sings, Toby's New Friend (mentioned), Henry Gets the Express, Bradford the Brake Van, Saving Time, Ryan and Daisy, Pouty James, Blown Away, The Way She Does it, Love Me Tender(mentioned), The Railcar and the Coaches, Mucking About, All in Vain, Buckled Tracks and Bumpy Trucks, Henry in the Dark, Engine of the Future, Hugo and the Airship, The Missing Breakdown Train, Skiff and the Mermaid, The Christmas Coffeepot and Over the Hill
- Series 21 - Dowager Hatt's Busy Day, P.A. Problems, Hasty Hannah, Cranky at the End of the Line, Unscheduled Stops, Philip's Number, The Fastest Red Engine on Sodor, A Shed for Edward, The Big Freeze, Terence Breaks the Ice and Confused Coaches
- Series 22 - Number One Engine (fantasy), Forever and Ever, Confusion Without Delay, Trusty Trunky(fantasy), An Engine of Many Colours, Apology Impossible, Samson and the Fireworks, Thomas' Animal Ark, Rosie is Red, Banjo and the Bushfire (fantasy) and Counting on Nia
- Series 23 - Free the Roads, Chucklesome Trucks, Gordon Gets the Giggles, Diesel Do Right, Steam Team to the Rescue, Panicky Percy, All Tracks Lead to Rome (fantasy) and Mines of Mystery (statue)
- Series 24 - A New Arrival, World of Tomorrow, Emily's Best Friend, Thomas' Fuzzy Friend, The Great Little Railway Show, Emily to the Rescue, Nia and the Unfriendly Elephant, Sonny's Second Chance, The Inventor's Spectacular Bridge, Kenji on the Rails Again, Thomas' Animal Friends Untitled Percy Episodeand The Royal Engine
- 1992 - Thomas and the U.K. Trip
- 2000 - Thomas and the Magic Railroad (not seen)
- 2005 - Calling All Engines!
- 2008 - The Great Discovery
- 2009 - Hero of the Rails
- 2010 - Misty Island Rescue
- 2011 - Day of the Diesels
- 2012 - Blue Mountain Mystery
- 2013 - King of the Railway
- 2014 - Tale of the Brave
- 2015 - The Adventure Begins and Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure
- 2016 - The Great Race
- 2017 - Journey Beyond Sodor
- 2018 - Big World! Big Adventures!
- Series 3 - Thomas' Anthem and I'm Thomas the Tank Engine
- Series 4 - Thomas' Anthem Grand Finale, Gone Fishing, Toby, Really Useful Engine and Thomas' Christmas Song
- Series 5 - Night Train, Accidents Will Happen, Every Cloud has a Silver Lining, It's Great to be an Engine, The Snow Song, Donald's Duck, Sir Topham Hatt, Come for the Ride, Harold the Helicopter and Percy's Seaside Trip
- Series 6 - James the Really Splendid Engine, Little Engines, Down by the Docks, Winter Wonderland and Never, Never, Never Give Up
- Series 7 - Five New Engines in the Shed, The Red Balloon, There Once Was an Engine Who Ran Away, Troublesome Trucks and Salty
- Series 8 - Sounds, Emily, A World Around You, Determination, Patience, Ode to Gordon and Engine Roll Call
- Calling All Engines! - Busy, Together and The Dream Song
- Series 9 - Brave, Party Time, Pride and Every Day's a Special Day on Sodor
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company - The Work Song and One Friendly Family
- Series 10 - Doing it Right, Favourite Place, H is for Harold, Navigation, Responsibility, Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- The Great Discovery - There's a Job for Everyone, Where, oh Where is Thomas? and Thomas, You're the Leader
- Hero of the Rails - Go, Go Thomas
- Series 13 - Roll Along, Thomas, You're the Leader, Sounds, Determination and Engine Roll Call
- Misty Island Rescue - Misty Island Rescue
- Series 14 - Sir Topham Hatt and Engine Roll Call
- Day of the Diesels - Day of the Diesels
- Blue Mountain Mystery - Blue Mountain Mystery
- Series 16 - Thomas and Percy and Go, Go Thomas
- King of the Railway - Working Together Again and It's Gonna be a Great Day
- Series 17 - Hey, Hey Thomas! and On a Journey Today
- Series 18 - It's Christmas Time and The Best Friends Express
- Thomas' YouTube World Tour - Down by the Docks, Navigation, Never, Never, Never Give Up, It's Great to be an Engine, Thomas' Anthem, The Whistle Song, Night Train, Ode to Gordon, Rules and Regulationsand That's What Friends Are For
- The Adventure Begins - Really Useful Engine
- Series 19 - There's Snow Place Like Home, Race with You, Spring is Here! and Engine Roll Call
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure - Never Overlook a Little Engine and We Make a Team Together
- Series 20 - Glynn's Christmas Wish, James the Really Splendid Engine and Accidents Will Happen
- The Great Race - Will You Won't You and The Shooting Star is Coming Through (cameo)
- Journey Beyond Sodor - Who's Thomas? (mentioned) and The Most Important Thing is Being Friends
- Series 21 - Set Friendship in Motion, Doing it Right and Little Engines
- Big World! Big Adventures! - Where in the World is Thomas?
- Series 22 - Big World! Big Adventures!, The Journey Never Ends, Engine Roll Call, All the Girls Around the World, The Steam Team and Let's Dream
- Series 8 - Sounds (cameo), Steamies and Diesels Sounds (mentioned) and Being on Time
- Series 9 - Percy in the Dark (mentioned), What Makes Thomas Happy? (speaking role), Cool Down Delivery, What Goes Where? (cameo) and What is Thomas Thinking Of?
- Series 10 - Who Can Take Them? and Which Outfit for Which Occasion?
- Calling All Engines! - Which Engine for Which Job?
- 2015 - DC Super Friends™ Minis Mash Ups Origin Story!
- 2016 - Thomas & Friends in 4-D: Bubbling Boilers, DC Super Friends™ San Diego Comic Con and Henry of Sodor (mentioned)
- 2017 - Shark Escape (mentioned), Space Mission
- 2018 - Thomas and the Brownlow Medal (mentioned) and Meet Rebecca of England! (cameo) Meet the New Steam Team (cameo), Still the Best of Friends (does not speak), Animals Around the World (cameo), Different Ways to See the World and Share a Selfie For Children In Need!
- 2019 - Meet James and Meet Gordon (cameo)
- 1987 - The Sad Story of Henry, Thomas' Train, Hello, Thomas!, Thomas and the Trucks, Thomas and the Breakdown Train, James and the Coaches and Thomas' Christmas Party
- 1988 - James and the Troublesome Trucks, James and the Express, A Late Start for Thomas, The Golfers, Tenders and Turntables (mentioned), Trouble in the Shed, Percy Runs Away, Thomas in Trouble, James and the Tar Wagons, Percy and the Signal (mentioned), Old Iron, Thomas and Trevor (mentioned), Thomas, Percy and the Coal (mentioned), Percy and Harold (mentioned), The Runaway, Henry's New Driver, Head On, Percy Gets Jammed (mentioned), Thomas' Present, Thomas and Bertie, The Train Spotters (mentioned), A Special Christmas Santa, The New Coaches, Duck Takes Charge, Percy's Predicament, Edward's Exploits (does not speak), Thomas Spoils the Washing, Henry and the Roof(mentioned) and Thomas Saves the Washing
- 1989 - Gordon's Express, Fire, The Party, Henry the Hero (mentioned), In a Muddle, One Good Turn, An Important Visitor, Clearing Up, A New Driver, A Second Chance, The Missing Holly!, A Surprise for Thomas (does not speak) and A Fishy Smell (mentioned)
- 1990 - Trouble in the Tunnel, Thomas and the Umbrella, One Bump Too Many, Thomas For Sale, Rumours and Speculation, Edward and the Express, Timetable Trouble, Daisy and Diesel, The Backlog, Percy and the Dragon, Trouble on the Track, Emergency! and Go Easy (mentioned)
- 1991 - Duck's Service, Gordon Forgets and Daisy in Distress
- 1992 - A Lost Load!, James's Task (mentioned), Diesel Pulls Hard, Lost and Found and Henry and the Holidaymakers!
- 1993 - Percy and the Parrot!, All Steamed Up! (mentioned), Keeping Cool!, Roof Repairs!, The Wedding Engine! (does not speak), The Special Stationmaster!, Thomas and the Toboggan!, Thomas and the New Clock!, The Viaduct!, The Carriage Café (mentioned), Trevor to the Rescue! (does not speak), Thomas and the Lamps (mentioned), Too Fast! and Fetching Freight (mentioned)
- 1994 - Keeping Time, A Special Treat for Thomas, A Special Treat!, The New Station, Thomas and Trevor, The Hot Soup Special!, Thomas, Daisy and the Watermill, The Nature Bus! (mentioned), Well Caught!(mentioned), Thomas Keeps a Secret!, Puffing Pots! and Lucky Landing! (does not speak)
- 1995 - Keeping Clean!, Special Signal!, Gordon Gets Going! (not seen), Thomas and the Play!, The Engine Parade!, Thomas's Bell! (does not speak), A Desk for Daisy!, Percy has Problems, Thomas and the Missing Whistle (mentioned), The New Guard, Tricking Trucks! and School-time Thomas!
- 1996 - Proud Mavis!, Percy's Squeak!, Henry's Hoax, Flag Waving!, The Little Line, The Thomas Kart!, Going Slowly! (does not speak), Gordon's Spots!, The Missing Hens! (mentioned), Important Passengers!, Timetable Trouble, Edward and the River Rose!, Percy Saves the Day, Thomas and the Tunnel!, Thomas Takes a Ride!, Monkey Business!, Too Tired!, Sunday Schedule!, A Day at the Beach!, Truck Trouble!, Play Time! (mentioned), Singing in the Rain!, The Trouble With Mud!, The New Track, Duck and the Deer!, Lost Property!, The Brown Bear, Oliver's Mistake, The Play Train! (mentioned), Really Useful Oliver! and Seeing Signals! (mentioned)
- 1997 - Percy's Goods Train, Henry (cameo), Percy's Puzzling Trip!, Clowning Around!, Diesel Becomes a Coach (mentioned), Diesel and the Trucks, Henry (cameo), Danger on the Line, Henry's Busy Day, Pirates!(does not speak), Carrying Coal!, 'Smile, Please!', Showing Off (does not speak), Rusty the Diesel(mentioned), The Posh Coaches, Keeping Dry, Rusty the Diesel (mentioned), Percy's Promise, Star Story!, Silly Skarloey!, Thomas, Percy and the Post Train and Bobbing About! (does not speak)
- 1998 - The Snow Engine!, Thomas, Percy and the Dragon! (mentioned), Potty Parrot! (mentioned), The Red Squirrel!, Copycat!, Look Alike (mentioned), Fancy Dress!, Runaway Percy!, Thomas' Trick (cameo), Thomas and the Trucks!, The Carnival! (does not speak), Donald and Douglas (cameo), The Exhibition!, Billy's Bones! (does not speak), James' Hotel!, Toby and the Stout Gentleman!, The Big Speech!, Duncan Has a Spill, James Breaks the Rules, The Easter Cake!, The Unlucky Engine (not seen) and Christmas Crisis
- 1999 - Brave Thomas Peter Sam (cameo) and Summer Fun!
- 2000 - The End of the Rainbow!, Police Engine (cameo), Shivers in the Sheds, Harold's View, Creepy Cutting! (mentioned), Back to Front!, Henry (does not speak), Turntable Bridge!, Henry's Freight Cars(mentioned), A Shock for Mavis, Henrietta's Holiday, Lucky to be Lost! (does not speak) and Painting the Shed
- 2001 - Dents All Round!, Diesel Day!, The Eyesight Test, Thomas Chimes In, The Kite Contest, A Song for Caroline (does not speak), A Special Story About Diesel, Henry, Choc-o-BoCo!, Rick's Tricks, Duck and Diving (cameo), Dirty Percy!, Finest Fireman (does not speak), A Special Story about the Fire Engine!(cameo), Three Tins of Smoke, A Special Story About BoCo (cameo), Duncan Gets Upset (mentioned), The Hairy Black Run, Midnight Mavis, A Burst Balloon! (does not speak), Dusty Diesel (does not speak), Snow Fun for Henry, Rolling Around! (mentioned), Eye-in-the-Sky (mentioned), Skating Show! and Pulling the Post (mentioned)
- 2002 - Mixed Grill, Whistling!, The Winning Shot (does not speak), Travelling Tables!, Henry Helps, Time Trouble!, The Flower Festival, Ben at the Station, Big Ideas! (mentioned), Dusty Diesel, Sodor Goes Pop!, Time for a Trim, The Fat Controller's Diesels! (cameo), The Blue Engine Club, Are Boots Best?, Diesels and Steam Engines, Clean Up Chaos, A Snowy Reception and Diesel's Drums
- 2003 - Playbus, The Most Beautiful Station, Henry's Dizzy Day (cameo), New Year Cheer!, Dusty Diesel, Castle Celebrations!, Feeling Fine, Seaside Search! (does not speak), Tour of Sodor, A Foggy Friend, The Boatshow (does not speak), Surprise, Surprise! (does not speak), Super Heroes! (does not speak), Broken Bridges (does not speak), Cruise Control!, Gordon's Surprise, Harvey to the Rescue!, Cook Controller!, Dirty Work, Really Fast Food!, Percy's Party! (cameo), Feeding Time, Fast Food! (does not speak), Where's Wag?, Seaside Salty, Frozen Engine, Special Delivery!, Sandblasted!, Making a Splash!, Bertie's Bumpy Ride!, The Cat Controller! and Thomas Goes Squeak!
- 2004 - Rocket Power, Percy the Pirate, Percy gets Wet!, Thomas Braves the Waves, Monster Mistake!, It's Only Snow!, Girl Power!, The Grand Opening, The Train Trolley, Fergus' Funnel, James and the Red Balloon, More Mischief!, Toby and the Lambs, Going for a Swim!, Salty by the Sea, Elephants and Engines, Name Fame, All Puffed Out, Night Lights (does not speak), On the Beach (cameo), Holiday Hat, Daisy's Delight, Bulgy's Back!, Blackout! (cameo), Place to Play, Thomas' New Coaches, Good as New, Toby's Troubles!, Edward to the Rescue!, Emily's Day Out, Bertie and the Race, Harold's Bad Day, Buffer Bother!, Disgusted Diesels, Mountain Mistake, Engine Trouble, A Fishy Adventure, Steam Power, Thomas Gets It Right, A Nice Quiet Day, James' New Coat, Ben's Blunder, Colour Quarrel!, Fishy Business, Henry's Forest, The Haunted Mine, Problem Passenger, On the Fast Track!, A Really Useful Idea(mentioned), Engine Ball, The Engine Clock, Travelling Thomas, Bertie's Bad Day, Fergus Runs Away(does not speak), Sparks Fly, Brave Skarloey, Proud and Loud, Sounds Like Fun! (cameo), Thomas the Tortoise, The Talking Horse, Glider Rider (does not speak) and The Flying Horse
- 2005 - Perfect Percy, Really Useful Coaches, What's Cooking?, Fresh Fish, Sweet Scent (does not speak), Winter Watch (mentioned), Slide and Ride (mentioned), Percy and the Magic Carpet, Emily's New Route, Eerie Engine (cameo), Three Kings, Working Christmas, Ice Carving, Passenger Pick Up, Really Useful Colours, George's Little Joke, Big Bad Roller (does not speak), Gordon's Snow Show, Tidy-Up Time!, Thomas' Hallowe'en, Spick and Span (cameo), Pop Goes the Diesel (mentioned), You Can Do it, Toby!, Model Engines, Percy and the Big Mistake, Squeak, Rattle and Roll, Hooray, Henry, Suits Me, A Treat for Trying (does not speak), Tunnel Trouble, Glider Rider (does not speak), Thomas Saves the Day (cameo), Naughty or Nice?, A Jumbo-Sized Surprise, Turntable Trouble, The Dinosaur, Clowning Around, Stranded(cameo), Relay Rescue, Edward the Great, Salty and the Trucks, Too Wet (mentioned), Daisy and the Bull, As Good as Gordon, Sunburnt Spencer, Dusty Duke, Choc-o-BoCo! (mentioned) and Something Fishy
- 2006 - Saving Edward, Passenger Plane, Food Chain Train, Cold Chaos, Right on Time, King Thomas, Station Sounds, Ice Cream Special (cameo), Shower Power, Justice for James, No Trouble for Toby, Sow and Grow (does not speak), First-class Carriage, Bulgy's Back, Dizzy Dennis, Emily Knows Best (cameo), Taking Charge, BoCo the Brave (does not speak), Splendid Sight (does not speak), Thomas Tries His Best, Thomas, Emily, and the Snowplow, Toby Feels Left Out, Percy's New Whistle, Bulgy's Back, Busy Bee, Sparkling Sky, Old and Useful, Thomas and the Statue, The Snow Controller, Seaside Surprise and Disgusted Diesels
- 2007 - Airship, In for Treatment, Playful Passengers, The Santa Engine, Everyone's Friend (does not speak), The Best Smile (does not speak), The Right Shape, Snow Chute, A Job for James, Surprise Visitor, The Scottish Connection, The Telescope, Good Old Duke! (mentioned), Rocky Ride, Helping Henry, Sleepy Sam (does not speak), Works Outing, Big Day Out, Canal Cruise, Easy for Edward, Saving Edward, Express Coming Through!, Seeing the Sights (mentioned), A New Shed for Toby (mentioned) and Thomas' Frosty Friend
- 2008 - Percy's Post!, Percy's Parcel, Flower Engine, Edward's Mail, Snow Trouble!, Track Race, Being Bright (cameo), A Spring Clean!, Mystery Music, Thomas and the Lighthouse!, The Ice Train! (cameo), Big is Beautiful, Toby's Triumph, Funny Faces!, Claypit Clowns, Emily's Present, Percy and the Left Luggage, Just in Time, Perfect Promise, Stop, Thief!, Come Back, Please! and Tripped Up! (cameo)
- 2009 - Thomas Saves the Day, Night Light Train (cameo), Swing King Cranky (cameo), Spring Time Special, King Arthur and Luggage Lorry (mentioned)
- 2010 - Rope Rescue, Silly Billy, Play Time, Hiro Helps Out, Henry's Good Deeds, Diesel's Special Delivery, Magpie Mavis, The Best Present of All (cameo), Early Bird, Henry Gets It Wrong!, Steam Roasted, Story Train, Big Ideas (mentioned), Proud Puffers, Creaky Cranky, The Water Wheel, Pulling the Post (mentioned), Misty Island Rescue (does not speak), Seeing Sheep!, Trees and Tunnels, Piggy-in-the-middle!, Perfect Picture!, Emily's Lucky Day (does not speak), Saving Santa!, Percy Ploughs In!, Halloween Hats, Carnival Costume (cameo), Snow Tracks, Launching Lizzie, Creepy Causeway, Tripped Up! (cameo), Surprise Visitor, Bubble Trouble, Thomas and the Rainbow!, Percy and the Magic Carpet, Thomas and the Kites (does not speak) and Disgusted Diesels
- 2011 - Saved Again, The Glow Engine, Pingy Pongy Pick-up, Off Colour, Taking a Break, O, the Indignity!, Horrible Hiccups, Fuss and Fumes, Being Percy, Dairy Delivery, Steam on Stamps, Dolly Molly, Watch the Clock, Special Carriage, Show Time (does not speak), Pop Goes Thomas (does not speak), Misty Island Rescue (does not speak), Musical Trucks (does not speak), Percy's Rainbow, Scaredy Cat (does not speak), Really Red, Henry's Health and Safety, Victor Says Yes, Thomas' Crazy Day (mentioned), The Glow Train, The New Works (cameo), Jitters and Japes, The Treasure Hunt, Salty's Surprise! (mentioned), The Flying Teapot, Strawberry Special, Jumping Jobi Wood, Flag Flying!, King Arthur!, Tickled Pink, Hiro Helps Out, Thomas' Tall Friend (cameo), The Runaway Kite, Watch the Clock, Tidy Thomas, Caroline's Christmas (cameo), Winter Wish (cameo), Reindeer Rescue, Snow Tracks, Party Time, Perfect Panto, Tiger Thomas, A Home for Salty, A Lion on Sodor, Mirror, Mirror, Bird Talk, Out of Control, Playful Passengers, Ready, Jet Set, Go! (does not speak), Creaky Cranky and Charlie and Eddie (mentioned)
- 2012 - Prize Guys, Percy the Post Train, Muddy Matters, Jack's Tracks!, Smiles All Round, Tender Trouble, Flaming Flynn (does not speak), Express Delivery!, Edward the Hero, Fiery Flynn!, Clever James (cameo), Bulgy's Back, Paint for Percy, Right on Time, Hooray for Henry, Double Trouble, Museum Mayhem and Early Bird, Sound Around (does not speak), Park Life and Edward the Hero, Bubbling Boiler (does not speak), The Railway Show, Henry's Happy Coal, Where's That Bus? (cameo), Bird Watch, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 639), Stuck on You, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 643), Wonky Whistle (does not speak), Thomas' Tall Friend, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 644), Team Spirit Time!, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 646), Sand Express (does not speak), Message Mix-Up!, Up, Up and Away! (speaks in speech bubble only), The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 647), Welcome Stafford, A Whoosh of Water!, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 649), Thomas and the Rubbish Train, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 650), Bedtime Tale (does not speak), City of Truro, Making Annie Smile, Playful Passenger!, Carol Concert (cameo), Clock Countdown, Emily's Winter Party Special, Percy the Snowman, Thomas and the Sound of Sodor, Rescue Team (does not speak), Keeping up with James and
- 2013 - Horrible Hiccups, Happy Birthday, Sir!, Hover Bother!, Flash! Crash! Wallop! (speaks in speech bubble only), All in a Day's Rescue, Whiff's Wish (does not speak), Terrible Twins, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 660), Sodor Surprise Day (mentioned), Early Bird!, Spring Special (cameo), The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 662), Being Percy (does not speak), A Friend in Need (cameo), Play Time, Caught on Camera, The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 665), James and the Giant Animals, Time For a Story, Steamie Stafford (mentioned), The Fat Controller's Bedtime Story (Issue 666), Coal and Treacle, Kevin's Cranky Friend (does not speak), Thomas the Spotter, Wayward Winston, Too Many Fire Engines! (does not speak), Brilliant Ben (cameo), Special Surprise, The Snowman's Hat, The Railway Rink, New Year Party, Spencer's Statue, Spring Special (cameo) and Henrietta's Holiday
- 2014 - Salty's New Friend, Engine Trouble, Thomas Takes a Shortcut (mentioned), Valentine's Surprise, The Thomas Way, Friendship Fall-out, The Royal Carriage, Kite Flying, Happy Birthday, Sir!, Confusion and Delay, Muddy Matters, Fever!, No More Mr. Nice Engine, Mystery Fog!, Bill or Ben, The Afternoon Tea Express (cameo), Swanky Cranky! (mentioned), The Extra-Special Solo, Harvey the Crane Engine, Leaves on the Line!, Emily Makes a Splash! (mentioned), Edward the Helpful Engine, That's Snow Business, Frozen Turntable (speaks in speech bubble only), Whistle-Stop Tour, Thomas and the Kites (does not speak) and Not Now, Charlie! (speaks in speech bubble only)
- 2015 - Signals Crossed, No 'I' in Team, Emily Saves the World, Easter Egg Express, Toby and Bash (does not speak), Duck in the Water, Silent Puffing!, It's Okay to be Scared, Spencer's Star, Don't Be Late, Percy!, Thomas Saves the Day, Visit to Misty Island, Henrietta's Holiday, Not Now, Charlie! (speaks in speech bubble only) and Diesel's Drums
- 2016 - Who's Geoffrey?, Toby and Bash (mentioned), Tickled Pink!, Victor Says Yes, Henry Spots Trouble, Jumping Jobi Wood, Thomas in Charge! and James' Ghost Train!
- 2017 - Emily Saves the World, Thomas Saves the Day, Thomas and the Kites (does not speak), Engine Trouble, Not Now, Charlie! (speaks in speech bubble only), Flash! Crash! Wallop! (speaks in speech bubble only) and Den and Dart
Sir Topham Hatt also appeared in the magazine stories, Thomas and the Baby, A Colourful Christmas, A Friend's Party, A Hole in One, A Job for James, A Perfect Garden, A Puzzle for Percy, A Special Story about Guards and Porters, An Old Friend, Arthur and Emily, Back-to-Front, Bertie's Bad Day, Big Catch, Bill and BoCo, Blowing About!, Building Blues!, Bulgy's Dream, Bulstrode the Engine, Bumpers and Buffers, Catch!, Caught Out, Chiff Chaff, Christmas Puddings, Clever Carriages, Clever Climbers!, Clowning Around, Daisy's Day, Diesel's Drums, Diesel's Nasty Turn, Diesel Causes Delay, Diesel Display, Doctors and Nurses, Dressing Up, Edward's Scarecrow, Fair Scare!, Fast Food!, Feeding Time, Fish and Chips, Fish and Fog!, Flying James, Frying or Flying, Fun and Games!, Funnels and Tunnels, Gone Fishing, Gordon and Edward, Happy Holiday!, Harold and the Broken Tree, Hello, Skarloey!, Henry's Secret, Henry's Soaking!, Hooked Hat, I Spy with my Little Eye, James and Edward, James and the Cheese, Jim's Jungle Ride!, Just Right, Lamp Light!, Lights On, Looking Splendid, Lost Luggage!, Misbehaving, Mountains and Mess!, New Paint, On Your Guard!, Party Time!, Percy gets Wet!, Percy's House, Percy's Plight, Percy and the Trucks, Picnic Surprise, Pirate Passengers, Pot Luck!, Proud Percy!, Puzzles, Railway Open Day, Really Useful Edward, Retirement Time, Rhyming Engines, Road Ride, Road Train, Rushing Around, Rusty's Plan, Santa Special, Scaredy Puffer!, Sea-Bound Salty, Sea Sick, Seeing Steam, Ship Ahoy!, Slick Trick!, Snap Happy, Snow Engine, So Much to See, Sodor's Strong Man, Sodor's Strongest Engine, Sodor Goes Pop!, Sodor Rock, Sounds Useful, Special Treats, Spotty Spencer, Spooky Station, Station Mystery, Steaming Along!, Stick with Steam, Stolen Apples, Stormy Weather, Sunny Smile, Super Splash, Take Off with Terence, That Caps it All, The Balloon Race, The Best Band, The Best Bridge, The Best Engine, The Christmas Sacks, The Cliff Railway, The Craft Show!, The Flower Dome, The Flying Broomstick, The Grand Controller, The Great Statue Robbery, The Hallowe'en Special, The Kettle Train, The Mystery Tour, The Open Top Bus, The Poorly Engine!, The Runaway Percy, The Smugglers, The Very Important Job and Think Pink.
- 1985 - Percy to the Rescue, Thomas and the Important Visitor, Donald's Duck (mentioned) and Gale Warning
- 1986 - Percy and the Christmas Tree (mentioned), Old Groaner and Gordon's Stowaway (mentioned)
- 1987 - Donald and the Lost Tarpaulin (mentioned), Signal Failure and Percy's Passengers (mentioned)
- 1988 - Responsibilities (mentioned) and Thomas and Trevor (mentioned)
- 1989 - Trapped by Trees (mentioned), Post Early for Christmas (mentioned) and Harold and the Landslide(mentioned)
- 1990 - Thomas and the Cricketers (mentioned), Hosepipes and Shunters (mentioned), Old Square Wheels(mentioned) and Points of No Return
- 1992 - Percy and the Vicar's Prizes and Galloping Sausage (mentioned)
- 1993 - James' Traffic Jam, Thomas and the Snow Block (not seen), Oliver Gets the Bird (mentioned) and The Hut that Walked by Itself (mentioned)
- 1994 - Thomas and the Tickles (mentioned), James' Rest Cure and Bertie the Snow Bus (not seen)
- 1995 - Easter Egg Special The Picnic Express and Thank You, Thomas and Toby
- 1996 - James Gets Cracking, Rings a Bell!, All Pull Together (not seen), The Wrong Shirt (not seen) and Pantomime Pranks (not seen)
- 1997 - Ice Magic (not seen), Percy in Print, Skarloey Gets a Scare! (mentioned), Edward Saves the Day, Pipe Dreams (not seen) and We Wish You a Merry Christmas! (not seen)
- 1998 - Engines to the Rescue, Henry Scores a Goal (cameo), Percy Plays a Joke and The Star of the Show
- 1999 - Blooming Railways (does not speak) and Blowing Bubbles
- 2000 - Thomas the Famous Engine, Double Trouble, Buzzing Bees! (mentioned), The Flood and Star Engines
- 2001 - Very Special Engines, Thomas the Famous Engine and Donald and Douglas
- 2002 - Terence to the Rescue (does not speak), Percy's Dream (does not speak) and Harold the Helicopter
- 2011 - Hiro Helps Out
- 2013 - Gordon's Shortcut and Hiro Helps Out
- 2013 Holiday Annual - The Biggest Present of All (cameo)
- Keith Wickham (UK; Hero of the Rails onwards - US; The Adventure Begins onwards)
- Kerry Shale (US; Hero of the Rails - eighteenth series)
- Blas García (Latin America; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- Kōhei Miyauchi (Japan; first - fourth series)
- Takeshi Aono (Japan; fifth - eighth series)
- Rokurō Naya (Japan; Calling All Engines! - Samson at Your Service, excluding Tale of the Brave)
- Kan Tanaka (Japan; Tale of the Brave and Samson Sent for Scrap onwards)
- Øyvind Borgemoen Lyse (Norway; Hero of the Rails - Tale of the Brave)
- Fredrik Steen (Norway; eighteenth series onwards)
- Bernard Demory (France and French speaking Canada; sixth series onwards; excluding eighth-twelfth series)
- Michel Lasorne (France and French speaking Canada; eighth - twelfth series)
- Enzo Avolio (Italy)
- Eberhard Haar (Germany; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- Jürgen Holdorf (Germany; Singing voice; Big World! Big Adventures!)
- Thomas Fritsch (Germany; Audio Books: 1 - 5 only)
- Jörg Gillner - (Germany; Audio Books: 6 - 16 only)
- Aku Laitinen (Finland)
- Mikołaj Klimek (Poland)
- Nir Ron (Israel)
- Maarten Wansink (The Netherlands)
- Troells Toya (Denmark)
- Luiz Carlos de Morais (Brazil; twelfth series onwards)
- Roberto Cuadrado (Spain; Hero of the Rails onwards)
- Farago Andras (Hungary)
- Rin Tripa (Romania)
- Alexander Kotov (Russia)
- Um Sang-hyun (South Korea)
- Loukas Frangoulis (Greece)
- According to Sodor: Reading Between the Lines, the Fat Controller is based on no one in particular, though Christopher Awdry suggests his doctor at the time the character was created may have been an "unconscious contribution".
- Due to different societal norms, the Fat Controller is always referred to by his real name, "Sir Topham Hatt" in the US.
- Even so, in certain US episodes following the CGI series, the engines' mouths are not reanimated properly, as their mouths say "The Fat Controller" when they verbally say "Sir Topham Hatt".
- Also, several times in the UK script, Sir Topham Hatt is addressed by his nickname in public, when it would be inappropriate. This was fixed in Blue Mountain Mystery, when Victor called the Fat Controller by his real name "Sir Topham Hatt". In The Great Race, Gordon said "Sir Topham Hatt".
- The Fat Controller's television series model from Lady Hatt's Birthday Party appeared in the 2009 "Children in Need" charity single and was animated using stop-motion.
- In Thomas and the Magic Railroad, Diesel 10 calls him "Fat Hatt", a combination of his nickname and his real name.
- According to Elizabeth, Sir Topham Hatt was a bad driver in his younger days. When he is seen driving Winston, it seems his skills have not improved.
- The Fat Controller's office set was part of an exhibit at the Hangaram Art Museum in Korea in 2010.
- Large scale and miniature models of Sir Topham Hatt are currently in the safe hands of the Top Props preservation group, after they were sold by The Prop Gallery. A large scale walking model of Sir Topham Hatt was also sold by The Prop Gallery.
- Throughout the television series, Sir Topham Hatt is accompanied by two men in standard blue railway uniforms. They are presumed to be his assistants. In the sixteenth series episode, Percy and the Calliope, the narrator refers to them as "helpers".
- In the book, Thomas-saurus Rex, it states that Sir Topham Hatt used to be called "Little Topham Hatt" in his youth. His grandfather also appears in the book.
- Sir Topham Hatt's television series model had eyebrows inconsistently. Between the sixth and eleventh series, the model mainly did not have them at all. It would not be until the CGI series that he would permanently have eyebrows.
- The alternative rock band Catherine Wheel released a song named after the Fat Controller called "Here Comes The Fat Controller" on their 1997 album, Adam and Eve.
- From the thirteenth series to the fifteenth series, Sir Topham Hatt was referred to as "Bertram" (not to be confused with the engine).
- From Hero of the Rails to the eighteenth series, Sir Topham Hatt had an American accent in the US dub.
- In most episodes and specials, Sir Topham Hatt is seen writing with his right hand. But in the nineteenth series episode, No Help At All, he is seen writing left-handed. This could likely be a mistake, but may also mean he is ambidextrous (being able to write with both hands).
- A photo of the Fat Controller from the first series episode, Trouble in the Shed was shown on a web-exclusive video of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
- Sir Topham Hatt is the only named human character to appear and speak in every series of the television series.
- Between the thirteenth and fifteenth series, Hero of the Rails to Tale of the Brave, Sir Topham Hatt was the only character from the model series to still be voiced by the narrator in the CGI Series in the Finnish dub.
- A running gag throughout the series is the constant loss of his hat
more coming soon
- ERTL (with a conductor, Lady Hatt or as a wind-up; discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (several versions; discontinued)
- Take Along (in his car; discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Hornby (cancelled)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (in his yellow or blue car; discontinued)
- Tomica (with Thomas)
- My First Thomas (in his yellow car or normal; discontinued)
- Brio (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail
- Pocket Fantasy (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (in his car or placed inside Winston; discontinued)
- Adventures (in his car or placed inside Winston; discontinued)
- Trading Card
- Discover Junction
- My Thomas Story Library (discontinued)
- Departing Now (discontinued)
- Mega Bloks (discontinued)
- De Agostini (discontinued)
- Royal Hampshire (discontinued)
- Lionel Trains
- LEGO (discontinued)
- Minis (only in the Target Blast Stunt set and Fizz 'n Go Mega Pack)