- “I guess you can call it ~Wheelie Useful~!”
The Water Wheel is the fifteenth episode of the twenty-second series.
Hong-Mei tells Thomas that the water wheel he is carrying is made from bamboo and is very important. But in his eagerness to discover other things made from bamboo, Thomas forgets about his mission and ends up taking a shortcut via a low bridge, which knocks the water wheel off his flatbed and sends it rolling off across the Chinese countryside!
- Yong Bao
- The Chinese Diesel
- The Male Chinese Breakdown Crane
- An An and Yin-Long
- The Grey Tender Engine (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- Gordon (stock footage; does not speak)
- Spencer (stock footage cameo)
- Stephen (stock footage cameo)
- Paxton (stock footage cameo)
- Millie (stock footage cameo)
- Sir Robert Norramby (stock footage cameo)
- Joseph May as Thomas
- Dan Li as Yong Bao
- Chipo Chung as Hong-Mei and the Chinese Women
- Su-Lin Looi as the Chinese Diesel
- Siu-see Hung as An An
- Windson Liong as Yin-Long, the Chinese Breakdown Crane and the Chinese Men
- This episode has a similar plot to the twelfth series episode, Steady Eddie and Thomas Thinks Bamboo is Really Useful from the Really Useful Around the World series.
- This episode marks The Chinese Diesel and The Male Chinese Breakdown Crane's only appearances in the twenty-second series; however, the Female Chinese Breakdown Crane doesn't appear.
- At the end of the episode, Thomas mentions the events of the seventeenth series episode, Gordon Runs Dry. Stock footage from said episode and Journey Beyond Sodor is used.