Thomas Gets Bumped and Other Stories, retitled Thomas Gets Bumped and Other Adventures, is a US and Canadian VHS/DVD featuring one second season episode and six third season episodes narrated by George Carlin. It was distributed by Strand Home Video in 1992, Time-Life in 1994 and Anchor Bay Entertainment in 1995 and 2003. The DVD version was released in 2006.
PEEP-PEEP! Join all your friends - Edward, Gordon, Percy, and Thomas for exciting new escapades on the Island of Sodor! Everyone's excited when an important engine visits the yard, Harold thinks he can deliver the mail better than Thomas and Percy, and Edward and Trevor prove that despite being older, they are Really Useful!
Come along, visit your friends, and make some new ones with Thomas the Tank Engine in Volume 7!
PEEP! PEEP! Join Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends on the Island of Sodor. Bertie helps out while Thomas eagerly awaits for new rails to be laid on his branch line. Harold thinks he can deliver the mail better than Thomas and Percy and everyone's excited when an important engine visits the railyard.
We better get started - Thomas, Harold, Percy and the rest of the gang are waiting!
PEEP! PEEP! There are many questions floating around the engine shed in Sir Topham Hatt's train yard.
"Why is Harold carrying the mail instead of Percy?"
"Who is the Famous Visitor and why isn't Gordon excited about it?"
"Why is Bertie carrying Thomas' passengers?"
Find out the answers to these and many other questions on this video starring everyone's favorite #1 engine Thomas.
- Thomas Gets Bumped
- Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party
- Diesel Does it Again
- Gordon and the Famous Visitor
- Donald's Duck
- Percy and the Signal
- Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train
- Character Cube from Thomas and the Jet Engine
- Read-Along Story - Thomas Tells a Lie from Percy's Chocolate Crunch
- "Which Island Picture is Different?" game from James and the Red Balloon
- A cassette tape was included with some VHS releases for a limited time. It featured the following songs:
- The soundtrack echos on one version of the American release from Strand Home Video, the Anchor Bay Entertainment release and the DVD. Thomas, Percy and the Mail Train and the nameboard sequence before it was fixed on the DVD, while the other episodes' audio remained unfixed. The overlapping audio did restore music pieces not present in the US version of some episodes, including Trevor's theme at the beginning of "Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party" and a cut portion of a music bit of Gordon at the station in "Gordon and the Famous Visitor."
- The front covers of the 1992, 1994 and 1995 releases feature an image from The Runaway.
- The Canadian release has a HGV Home Video sticker over the Strand Home Video distribution text, address, etc.
- Some 1992 releases are missing the Strand Home Video logo and warning screen, and go straight to the Britt Allcroft logo.
- On the 2006 DVD release during the Season 3 intro, it plays a bit of the closing theme audio for a few as the audio was taken from Thomas Comes to Breakfast, before reverting back to the opening theme audio. This was due to a mistake.