- “I love the smell of steam in the morning!”
- ―The Indian Actor
Thomas Goes to Bollywood is the sixth episode of the twenty-second series.
A Bollywood action movie is being filmed on the Indian Railway. Thomas is told that they have a very important role for him, but it is only to transport the lead actor, not to be in the film. However, he finds that it is fun and he can be really useful working behind the scenes, and later he gets a chance to be in the movie after all.
- The Indian Actor
- The Indian Director
- Noor Jehan (cameo)
- Gordon (stock footage)
- James (stock footage)
- Stephen (stock footage)
- Philip (stock footage)
- United States (mentioned)
- Hollywood (mentioned)
- Island of Sodor
- Joseph May as Thomas
- Tina Desai as Ashima
- Nikhil Parmar as Rajiv and the Director
- Sheena Bhattessa as Charubala
- Sanjeev Bhaskar as the Actor
- Rob Rackstraw as the Trailer Voice-over
- At the end of the episode, Thomas mentions the events of the nineteenth series episode, Philip to the Rescue and Slow Stephen. Stock footage from both episodes are used.
- This episode marks the first of several things:
- Charubala's first appearance and speaking role in an episode.
- This is the first episode to have Thomas' name in the title since the nineteenth series episode, Thomas the Babysitter.
- The first episode in which the Island of Sodor does not appear at all counting fantasy sequences (not counting the beginning and ending segments with Thomas).
- The film in Thomas' fantasy is entitled Big Hero One, which may be a reference to the 2014 Disney film, Big Hero 6.
- In the scene of the director telling Thomas his scene will be in the movie, half of Rajiv's buffer beam disappears.