Thomas and Bertie's Great Race and Other Adventures is a US VHS featuring two first series episodes and two third series episodes narrated by George Carlin. This video was made for the TV Teddy range where the toy bear could interact with the scenes and presenter in the video.
Join T.V. Teddy as he talks, laughs, and sings along with this exciting new interactive video. In the Anthony's Attic shows, you'll find out why a cactus has needles and why an elephant has tusks. While some things look silly at first, don't be fooled - each has its own unique and important use! You'll also visit the fastest man in Scotland for a sing-along about racing... and safety.
PEEP-PEEP! Have fun and adventures on the Island of Sodor with Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends. Cheer on Thomas and Bertie in the famous Great Race! Meet Terence the Tractor who is uniquely useful with his endless tracks! Watch closely as Mavis helps Toby out of a tight spot! And experience Gordon's trouble with mud!
(*Followed by an Anthony's Attic Segment)
- The first two minutes of the soundtrack for Terence the Tractor are overlapped.
- The nameboards and credits from Trust Thomas and Other Stories are used.
- This was the only VHS released by YES! Entertainment.
- The beginning, middle and end of the VHS feature segments from the TV Teddy exclusive, "Anthony's Attic".
- This is the only TV Teddy release of Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, not counting the TV Teddy VHS of Sweet and Sour for Shining Time Station. The TV Teddy segments Anthony's Attic featured Douglas Manes as Anthony and TV Teddy would be voiced by Kath Soucie.
- On certain screens while watching this VHS, there is a grey static line on the left. This was basically used for communicating with TV Teddy so it can interact with the tape.
- Just before the start of "Thomas and Bertie's Great Race", the last bit of the intro of Thomas at Ffarquhar is seen.