- “D-Don't dragons breathe out smoke and fire?!”
Thomas and the Dragon is the twenty-first episode of the twenty-second series.
During the Spring Festival in China, Yong Bao asks Thomas to bring the dragon that will serve for the New Year's festivities in the big city square, but the visiting tank engine is terrified at the thought of transporting such a fire-breathing monster.
- Yong Bao
- An An and Yin-Long
- The Chinese Diesel Shunter (cameo)
- Marion (stock footage; does not speak)
- Stephen (stock footage cameo)
- Samson (stock footage cameo)
- Millie (stock footage cameo)
- Sir Robert Norramby (stock footage cameo)
- Island of Sodor
- Ulfstead Castle (stock footage)
- Joseph May as Thomas
- Dan Li as Yong Bao
- Chipo Chung as Hong-Mei
- Siu-see Hung as An An
- Windson Liong as Yin-Long
- At the end of the episode, Thomas mentions the events of the eighteenth series episode, Marion and the Dinosaurs. Stock footage from said episode is used.
- This episode serves as the series' first Chinese New Year episode.
- This episode was shown early at MIPJunior's Thomas & Friends: Big World! Big Adventures! panel. 
- This episode was mistakenly put in the TV Guide for February 10, but the episode aired early in the proper date of Chinese New Year.
- In the scene of Yong Bao and Thomas going through the tunnel, Yong Bao's wheels do not move.