- “They tried to steal my crown Thomas. My Crown!”
Thomas and the Monkey Palace is the eighth episode of the twenty-second series.
In India, Thomas is on his way to deliver a truckload of coconuts, when he discovers a branch line leading to a mysterious monkey temple. Ignoring Rajiv's warning to stay clear, he visits it at night and a cheeky monkey gets trapped in the truck. When it tries to attract Thomas' attention, Thomas comes to a sudden stop, but spills all the coconuts.
- Station Concessions Worker
- The Grey Tender Engine (does not speak)
- Samson (stock footage; does not speak)
- Stanley (stock footage cameo)
- Island of Sodor
- Knapford Yards (stock footage)
- Joseph May as Thomas
- Nikhil Parmar as Rajiv
- Sheena Bhattessa as Charubala
- Jass Patel as a Concessions Worker
- At the end of the episode, Thomas mentions the events of the eighteenth series episode, Samson at Your Service. Stock footage from said episode is also used.
- The monkey palace is a strong similarity to the Bandar-log from Disney's The Jungle Book.
- Jass Patel joins the voice cast.
- This is the only episode of the twenty-second series set in India that Ashima and Noor Jehan do not appear and not to have Tina Desai or Sanjeev Bhaskar as part of the voice cast.