- “Choo! Choo!”
- ―The Giant Panda
Thomas in the Wild is the seventh episode of the twenty-second series.
Thomas is taking a film crew to a nature reserve in China to make a film about giant pandas. He is excited by the prospect of seeing one in the wild, but he is not sure what they look like, so he slows down every time he thinks he sees one. But An An and Yin-Long tell him it is hard to find giant pandas in the Wild.
- Island of Sodor
- Ulfstead Mine (stock footage)
- Joseph May as Thomas
- Dan Li as Yong Bao
- Siu-see Hung as An An
- Windson Liong as Yin-Long
- Rob Rackstraw as the Film Crew Leader and the Giant Panda
- At the end of the episode, Thomas mentions the events of the special, King of the Railway. Stock footage from said special is also used.
- The episode was originally intended to air in the US on 17 September 2018 with Number One Engine, but for unknown reasons, it was replaced by What Rebecca Does, although the episode's ending scene was featured before it aired. The airing was later corrected in future reruns as well as on Nick On Demand and the Nick Jr. website. Sometime later it was repaired with What Rebecca Does in present airings.
- A classic series biff sound effect is used throughout the episode.
- The theme of Thomas' fantasy scene is a variation of "Teddy Bears' Picnic" composed by John Walter Bratton.
- This is the only episode of the twenty-second series set in China where Hong-Mei appears but does not speak and the only episode not to have Chipo Chung as part of the voice cast.