- “Trusty Trunky, I know her. She's helped me before."
- ―Ashima recognizing Trusty Trunky.
Trusty Trunky is the fourth episode of the twenty-second series.
Thomas is working on the Indian Railway. He is amazed by all the animals on top of trains, cows sleeping on the track and elephants wandering around the countryside. He disapproves when his friend Ashima tells him the elephants used to help shunt the carriages, but when Thomas ends up derailed in a paddy field, an elephant comes to his rescue.
- Noor Jehan
- Sir Topham Hatt (as an Elephant)
- The Indian Breakdown Cranes Template:Do not speak
- Percy (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- The Tan Tender Engine (cameo)
- The Grey Tender Engine (cameo)
- The Brown Tank Engine (cameo)
- The Purple Tank Engine (cameo)
- The Purple Tender Engine (cameo)
- A Diesel Shunter (cameo)
- Ferdinand (portrait cameo)
- Oliver (stock footage)
- Toad (stock footage)
- Belle (stock footage cameo)
- Ryan (stock footage cameo)
- Judy and Jerome (stock footage cameo)
- Alfie (stock footage cameo)
- Oliver (stock footage cameo)
- The Ffarquhar Policeman (stock footage cameo)
- Island of Sodor
- Joseph May as Thomas
- Tina Desai as Ashima
- Nikhil Parmar as Rajiv
- Sheena Bhattessa as Noor Jehan
- Sanjeev Bhaskar as Shankar
- Keith Wickham as Sir Topham Hatt
- At the end of the episode, Thomas mentions the events of the nineteenth series episode, Toad and the Whale. Stock footage from said episode and the twentieth series episode, Mucking About is used.
- This episode marks the first of several things:
- Nikhil Parmar, Sheena Bhattessa and Sanjeev Bhaskar join the voice cast.
- This is the second episode to be named after an animal with a name, the first being the fifth series episode Gordon and the Gremlin.
- This is the first production since The Great Race to feature Tina Desai as part of the voice cast.
- This is the only episode of the twenty-second series set in India where Charubala does not appear.